Monday, December 28, 2009

Who Is My Family

Who is my family? Who is my family!
I have often asked my self this question. I think sometimes it depends on what day it is. Yep! That is what I think.
Well there are the people that you are born into as brothers and sisters and mom and dad. Then there is the whole in-law angle, with the brothers and the sisters and all the kids...dear god. And the mother-in-law and the dad-in-laws.
Then there are the non-traditional in laws, you know the ones that are that way. I will leave the interpretation of that way up to you who are reading this verbal spewing.
Anyway, these are the one's, whom, although you love them, were given to you by someone else, as a special gift. (no for real, stop sniggering this minute).
I loved my mother and father in law. I haven't seen them since 1987. They were good to me and loved me as if I had been born into the family as one of the blood kin.
I lost a lot when i divorced my ex-wife.
In at least one or two ways my ex and I are still family. we keep up on family matters, such as loved one's passing into eternity and an occasional Christmas memory.
We are not enemies, I am blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment